These are the resolutions that will guide me through board gaming year 2019.
- Will not buy new games until I’ve played all of the ones i already own. I don’t kid myself. I am unlikely to enforce this 100% but the aim is to get my unplayed board games number down to less than 10 by the end of the year. This number is currently 26.
- Will not sell a game until I’ve played it at least once. The collection is at a size where it’s no longer the burden it was in 2018 so i can take more time making sure that the games i’m selling do not interest me before selling them.
- Rotate my board game groups more regularly to play with other people too. I have 2 regular groups which meet on Mondays and Wednesdays. I don’t want to increase the number of days where board games take up my evening so 1-2 times a month i will skip those nights in order to make time for others.
- Reduce collection to 100 games. According to my BGG collection, which might be inaccurate, i am currently at 157.
- Spend more time and effort articulating why i like and/or don’t like the games i play. Ideally this would be done together with my board game buddies.
- Improve my teaching of board games. This past year I’ve felt demotivated and unwilling to teach games to people and it showed. I did not like it. I used to pride myself about the care i took when teaching board games.